Dark underarm is a major problem to some girls or women. In other words, it's a no no. Most of us women have it, I have it, my mom have it, my friends have it, we all have it. We all can say that it's normal and it happens, so we don't have to freak out. Because, there are remedies to make this disappear. But today, I'm going to focus on brightening your underarms using lemons because in my opinion, lemons work the best.
Lemons contain alpha-hydroxy acid which is a bleaching agent. Most commercial face or skin lightener have this acid in the formula. Lemons also have an exfoliating effect that can safely peel our skin, hence removing the dead skins (dead cells). Most commercial lightening products are very expensive and very hard to get, so lemons are here to save the day!
Let's get to it!
These are the simple steps you need to follow:
- Soak a small towel in warm water and clean your underarms thoroughly
- Take 2 slices (or more) of lemon and rub the slices against each of your underarms. Make sure to make full use of the juice.
- Once you run out of the juice, just put the lemon slices under your underarms and hold it there for at least 5 minutes
- After that, take the towel again and clean your underarms (or take a shower!)
- And that's it!
- Do this regularly at least once a week
- NEVER do this after you shave because it will STING
This method will not make the darkness disappear completely. Have some patience and do this regularly. Do you know that you can apply this method to your face and body too? Let me know if you try this method. Goodluck!