Saturday 25 May 2013

Makeup Talk : Matte VS Shimmery

Hello everyone! I've been wrecking my brain on what to post for today. Then I thought why not do a post where I can spark a debate? LOL. Just kidding, but for the record I actually did want to do something debatable, although I doubt this topic even worth the debate or not.

So, the question for today is, which one is better in the cosmetic world, Matte or Shimmery? This includes everything in the makeup scope: lipstick, eyeshadow, foundation, blush, etc.
  • Lipstick

On the lips: MAC Russian Red

When I was about 10 years old, I was rummaging through my Mom's makeup bag and found a tube of very, very shimmery lipstick. I remember clearly that it has deep pink color with gold speckles around it. As any girl would do, I started to glide the lipstick on my lips and examined myself on the mirror. I remember that I didn't like it, it just made me look unflattering. Until today, I never liked shimmery lipsticks especially the shiny, glossy ones. I can handle lustrous lipsticks with lipliner underneath, but other than that, it is beyond repair. 

My very first matte lipstick was the NYX Matte Lipsticks collection in Natural. I still have it right now and I absolutely love it. My absolute favorite matte lipstick has to be MAC Russian Red. I love how matte lipsticks make me look: sleek, neat and flattering. I would wear matte lipsticks over shimmery lipsticks anytime. 

  • Eyeshadows

Essence Sun Club Palette

Now, I have love/hate relationship with both matte and shimmery eyeshadows. I never really know why. At some point, matte eyeshadows look good one me and at some point I look as dull as a dead plant. Same goes with shimmery eyeshadows, sometimes I just look TOO over the top but sometimes, I look like sparkly diva! Both my favorite matte and shimmery eyeshadows are by Essence (Matte Eyeshadow palette and Sun Club palette respectively)

  • Foundation
Revlon Colorstay in 310 Warm Golden

I have oily skin, no doubt I would choose matte finish over radiant finish anytime. No debate here! My favorite foundation, the Revlon Colorstay has a matte finish which I am so grateful for.
  • Blush/Bronzer

Same goes with foundation, I'm all the matte team for blush and bronzer! If I ever want a shimmer, I would just pop a highlighter on my cheeks and I never have to worry about my face turning into grease. I don't have a favorite blush but right now, I'm obsessed with Catrice Defining Brush which I did a full review on. My all time fave bronzer is the Essence Matte Bronzing Powder in 02 Love To Be Matt.

Which team are you on? Team Matte or Team Shimmery? 

Cheers, 

No comments:

Post a Comment